- 1lb. lean beef tenderloin tips
- 1lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- Garlic & Herb seasoning to taste
- Italian Seasoning & Basil to taste
- 1 pkt. Lipton’s Beefy Onion Soup mix
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 medium sized container of light sour cream
- 1/4 C Burgundy Wine, or Red Wine
- 1 pkg of eggs noodles, cooked to package directions
- 2 tsp Basil
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings and cut in half (optional)
- Parmesan/Asiago blended cheese, grated
In large, deep skillet, saute mushrooms and beef, sprinkled with seasoning, in Extra Virgin Olive oil until browned and most of the liquid is gone. Do not overcook meat, leave it pink in center. Add packet of soup mix and contents of soup can to pan, fill can with milk about 3/4 full and remove all remaining soup, add to pan. Stir soups, mushrooms, and beef thouroughly until completely blended. Add Italian seasoning and Basil to taste. Bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Add wine and simmer on low while pasta cooks.
When pasta is cooked and drained, add 3/4 cup sour cream to noodles (do not butter them) and sprinkle with Basil. Stir. Add about 1/2 cup sour cream to beef/mushroom mixture and stir until blended through. Serve over noodles, top with freshly grated Parmesan/Asiago blended cheese.
No time to run to the store for tenderloin tips? Use 1 pound of lean ground beef instead!