- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1/2 C Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 head red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 head bok choy, chopped
- 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sm bag shredded carrots
- 2 stalks celery, diced fine
- 1/2 lrg white onion, chopped fine
- 4 green onions, diced fine heads and greens
- 1 14.5 oz can Hunts diced tomatoes in basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, diced fine
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes
- 16 C hot water
- 1 C brown rice
- thyme, to taste
- Creole seasoning, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil
In a medium bowl, blend together the ground chicken and Italian bread crumbs. Roll chicken into small balls about 1/2 inch in diameter. place in the bottom of a large soup kettle, sprayed with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Cook on medium heat until brown on all sides. Add the bouillon and water and simmer.
Prepare a large wok or skillet with vegetable oil. Add the onions, celery, garlic and red cabbage, sprinkle with pepper to taste and saute until just softened. Do no over cook. Add to soup kettle.
Prepare the wok or skillet with vegetable oil again. Add the bok choy and mushrooms. Sprinkle with pepper and saute until mushrooms are cooked through and bok choy is softened. Do not over cook. Add to soup kettle.
Add carrots to soup kettle. Season the soup with thyme, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, Kosher salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a slow boil. Add rice and simmer until rice is splitting open. Allow to cool slightly before serving.