- Obtain fresh pumpkin
- Cut into pumpkin and separate seeds from pulp
- wash seeds in colander
- drain them on several layers of paper towels
- in a large skillet melt 2 tbsp. margarine (butter scorches more easily) add 1 tsp. salt
- Add 2 cups pumpkin seeds and sauté about 3 minutes, stirring so that all seeds are coated with margarine.
- Place seeds on cookie sheet and bake for about 25 minutes in an oven preheated to 300 degrees.
- Drain on a paper towel until pumpkin seeds are crisp and cool enough to eat.
Tags: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds