- 1 lb Bay Scallops
- 2 T Irish garlic & herb butter
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes in garlic, basil & oregano
- Red wine to taste
- 1/2 C half and half or heavy cream
- 5 T Parmesan/Asiago blend cheese
- 9 oz fresh Angel hair pasta, cooked, drained and lightly coated in butter
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and saute scallops. Drain liquid and add other tablespoon butter and saute until browned. In a medium sauce pan, heat tomatoes to boiling, add splash of red wine to taste and continue to boil. Slowly add half and half (or heavy cream for creamier sauce), continue stirring. Slowly add Parmesan/Asiago cheese one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly until well blended. Serve over pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan/Asiago cheese if desired. Serves 4.