- 3 large partridge, skinned and deboned, cut into pieces
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 T rosemary, Thyme, Basil & Oregano (each) pressed together with pestle or in a bowl with spoon to break down rosemary leaves
- Mogan David Concord wine (See directions for quantities)
- 1 bag Sage dressing, dry
- 1 lb cleaned and chopped button mushrooms
- 1.5 lb mild bulk sausage, browned and broken apart
- 2 T chopped onion
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- pepper to taste
- olive oil
Place Partridge in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Add crushed seasonings, 1 stick melted butter and about 1 and a half cups wine. Cover and cook on medium heat for 2-3 hours.
In a medium skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and onions, sprinkled with pepper to taste, in a small amount of olive oil. When just done, drizzle with wine and cook until little liquid remains. Set aside to cool slightly. In a small sauce pan, add boullion cubes and 2 cups water, bring to a boil. Add 1 stick of butter and 1 cup wine and boil until butter is melted. Add dressing to a large bowl, add mushrooms with onions and browned sausage. Blend well. Pour butter mixture over dressing, stirring. Dressing mix should become soft but not mushy. Make more butter mixture if too dry. Set aside.
When Partridge is almost cooked, spoon dressing mixture over the top. Drizzel with about 1/2 – 3/4 cup wine to keep from drying out. Cook for about 1 more hour or until Partridge begins to fall apart easily. Serves about 6.