- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can Hunts Diced tomatoes in basil, garlic & oregano
- 1 Medium sized container of fat-free half & half
- 1lb Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1clv Fresh garlic, pressed or diced fine
- 1/2C Burgundy Cooking Wine (or red)
- 2T Burgundy Cooking Wine (or red)
- 2C Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4C Asiago & Parmesan cheese blended together
- 8-10 Slices of Provolone cheese
- 2T Butter (do not use margarine)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1C Milk
- 1box Lunguini Noodles (cook according to directions)
- Sharp toothpicks or turkey skewers
Preheat oven to 350 deg. Lightly coat the bottom of a glass 9×13 pan with olive oil. Place 1 chicken breast on a piece of plastic wrap, fold wrap over chicken and pound to about 1/4th inch thick, remove and repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Set aside. In a large saute’ pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter: add garlic and sliced mushrooms, saute’ over medium heat until liquid is gone. Set aside to cool slightly. Place 1 slice of provolone cheese in the middle of each flattened chicken breast. Drain excess liquid off of mushrooms and spoon unto provolone. Fold chicken breast over cheese and mushrooms and seal with tooth-picks or turkey skewers. In a bowl with a flat bottom, mix together beaten egg and milk, in another bowl: mix together the bread crumbs and cheese blend. Coat each chicken breast with egg mixture and then coat thoroughly with bread crumb mixture (you have to run them through twice). Place in baking pan. Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Turn once.
While chicken bakes, cook pasta accoring to directions. Also begin sauce. I n a medium sauce pan pour canned diced tomatoes (do not drain), bring to a slight boil, slowly add half & half, bring to a boil, stirring to prevent scalding. Add the remaining Provolone slices one at a time, stirring constantly, until completely absorbed and at desired consistency. (NOTE: This is not a thick sauce). Add about 2 tablespoons wine and cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring to prevent scalding. You can add more basil and oregano to taste, if desired.
Remove tooth-picks or skewers before serving. To serve, place chicken breast on a bed of pasta and ladle sauce over the top. Top with fresh Parmesan, if desired.