- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 quart Grandma Sheri’s Tomato Soup, or 1 large can of Campbell’s Tomato Soup
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes in Basil, onion & garlic – do not drain
- 2 – 3 C 1% or 2% milk
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 box medium shells pasta
- 1 – 10 slice package of Provolone cheese
- 1/4 C Red or Burgundy wine
- Italian seasoning and basil to taste
- Pepper to taste
In a large soup pan, sprinkle turkey and mushrooms with pepper and saute in olive oil until no pink remains in meat. Do not drain. Add tomato soup, diced tomatoes, butter, and 1% or 2% milk until the soup is pink in color. Add Italian seasoning and basil to taste. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Once soup is boiling, add pasta. When pasta is almost ready add Provolone cheese one slice at a time until desired thickness (soup is thick), stirring constantly. Add wine and stir through. Simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking. Allow to sit and cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4.
Serve sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese for added flavor. Also good served with a small wedge of garlic bread with cheese.